Monday, March 2, 2009

A new adventure for the Kunkels

Tennessee. . .here we come.

At the end of January we found out that Jeff matched into a Pediatric Dental Residency!!! We are so proud of him. We will be moving to MEMPHIS, TN mid-June, where Jeff will do 2 yrs of training. We feel fortunate to have gotten in there as they are one of the few programs that actually pay a stipened. We are very sad to be leaving so many good friends here in Vancouver, but we are excited for Jeff to be able to further his career and to explore Memphis and surrounding areas. (It took me a good 2 weeks for this news to sink in and to see the positives.)
In other Kunkel news...At Maren's 1 year doctor check up she finally made it onto the growth chart! She's inched her way up to the 3% in weight!! Good eatin' Maren!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

YAY! COngratulations. We have some friends from medical school who are in Memphis doing their residency. They love it. Only a few hours from St Louis if you ever feel the need for a weekend getaway! :)

Colb, Sar and Cici said...

Maren is too cute! Their sword fight is hilarious! And that purse you made is adorable! Good Job! Thanks for coming up and helping and playing with me and the new little girl!

Small Group and Personal Training said...

Shell!!! Super congrats to Maren on making it onto the chart finally. Big sigh of relief for Mommy. Guess all the avocado paid off, huh?=) xo

Stephen, Erica, Kalli, Ziek, Sky, Luke, Eliza said...

Yay Maren!! Great job getting onto the growth chart - it must have been all those yummy avacado's.

Don't worry Kunkel's, we'll come visit you and bring some Cafe Rio.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She is adorable and I am so excited for your new adventure!

Cari said...

Congrats! So exciting for you! We have friends from St. Louis who are heading to Memphis in June for his medical residency. I also have a friend from college who lived there while her husband did a PhD. I'm sure you'll love it. You'll have to visit Graceland!

The Brough Family said...

Hey congrats... that is exciting. I've always thought Tennessee would be a cool place to live. I love that Maren is so tiny... she's adorable.

Karolyn said...

That's great news. Are you guys in Vancouver, WA? I lived there until I started junior high? Congratulations you guys.