Over the last week I have found Ryan hunched over on the floor like this multiple times a day. Initially I asked what he was doing, I thought he might have "an ouch" or something? He simply replied, "I'm getting my gunkies out." Jeff and I have had a few good laughs over that! He has always been very particular about his feet; likes to have socks on all the time, and only recently has he embraced getting sand or dirt on his bare feet. He has never enjoyed seeing lint between his toes, especially didn't like when it fell out in his bath water. And now he loves to getting it out from between of each toe. Doesn't everyone like to have clean toes?!
I can't believe what a great kid he is, he certainly has his moments still, but he has been such a good helper and sweetheart lately! He's so loving with Maren; he loves to make her smile and laugh. And she absolutely adores him! I have video of them playing and as soon as I figure out how to put in on here I will.
Maren loves her new independence and view from the jumper. She's been drooling up a storm these days, she's working on getting those bottom middle teeth up. Chewing on anything she can, mostly her hands. She's rolled over both ways, front to back and back to front, a few times now, but really doesn't care to be on the floor if she can be upright in the jumper. Who can blame her? She is such a sweet girl, unless she's been awake too long. . . then grab some ear plugs because she can whale! But generally if I'm on top of things, she doesn't scream much, (for me at least). She does seem to give her daddy a hard time now and again. (He'll figure it out eventually, he definitely has the disadvantage of not having the boob connection.) We are working on her putting herself back to sleep when she wakes up too early from a nap. She's starting to get the hang of it. Luckily she has always slept well at night!! (Knock on wood!)
Our TV watching is almost nonexistent, with all the show finaleys the last two weeks. It's been nice not to be feel like slaves to the TV for our 5-6 shows. Jeff's been getting in some good "Halo" time. (That's a video game for the few who don't know.) And I've been sewing a little and having a blast playing soccer 1-2 nights a week. I'm almost "back in shape"!! Yeah!
11 comments:
Rachelle, I am so glad that you started a blog. We've been wondering what you guys have been up too. Your children are so beautiful! Trey is the opposite of Ryan - he loves his bare feet in anything. he's always pulling his socks and shoes off... How old is Maren? You look fabulous. Glad to be able to catch up a little.
Shell, that's sooo funny about Ryans toes and sound so like him, it cracks me up! I can't wait to see you guys soon! I bet lil' Mar-mar's is getting so big!
Ryan is too funny! So... when did Maren start to roll over? Malia hasn't even tried yet :( She actually hates lying down and prefers to be sitting up where she can see the world. It's soo funny!
That's funny jeff still plays Halo. I REALLY want one of those Wii's.
I just had to laugh because I can totally see Jeff picking the lint from his toes everynight.
Mike
What a beautiful family! So glad I found your blog--you guys look great. Here's our blog: http://cliffandleah.blogspot.com
keep posting! I'll be reading ;)
Take Care!
~Leah Clinton
Rachelle, I'm so excited your blogging!! I love it, it is such a fun way to keep in touch. Your kiddos are adorable. How funny that Ryan cares so much about his toes, that is too cute. Maren sound a lot like Rebecca, it is such a fun age. So cool that you're playing soccer, that is awesome.
I am jealous that you are back in shape - I had Hazel two years ago and I am still not back in shape. Troy knows that Ryan got the toe fetish from Jeff.
Rachelle!
you have the cutest kids. I found you through...can't remember. I was finding all the UCLA people. It'was great to see you out here.
Glad to see you guys started a blog, it's great to catch up on old friends. What good lookin' kids. I expected that from you Rachelle, but Jeff? :) Way to power through for the kids sake. Hope you guys are doing well...
Rachelle I just found your link on Laurel and Denton's site. Your family is darling! Hope you are all doing great and getting ready to watch some mighty fine diving!
Funny toe boy!
Post a Comment