Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Tricks

Cute Maren has been able to roll over for a while, but just recently she discovered that she can move around the room at will with this talent. She has also been trying to creep, but mostly it's just sliding backwards. The other day she ended up with her feet wedged up against the couch, and she started trying to push up onto her knees. All this new found mobility is keeping her very busy!


I couldn't resist a photo shoot of Maren in her new dress!



When we were watching the Gymnastic Olympic Trials a few weeks ago Ryan got pretty hyped up (not that hard for him to do) and started doing his own gymnastics. He was climbing over the arm of the couch and stand up on it, then jump onto the couch, then over a few pillows and finally he'd slide off the couch and run back to the side of the arm to do it all over again, and again. This lasted a good 30 minutes. Normally I don't allow this kind of activity, but I remember getting all hyped up when watching gymnastics when I was little, so I made an exception. He was having a blast and he did seem to mostly be in control of his body. Ever since then he has been really into flips and cartwheels. The other day he was doing a cartwheel into and out of his little swim pool, I was really impressed!

8 comments:

Colb, Sar and Cici said...

Mar's is sooooooo cute, I can't even stand it! I think she wants her auntie Sarah to hold her, and love her and squeeze her too tight! And good job Ryry, I know about 50 girls and boys who are about 10 to 15 years older than you that can't even pull off as good of a cartwheel!

The Brough Family said...

Maren is adorable. We can relate to the rolling everywhere thing, but we're not pushing up yet. Love the gymnastics... maybe there is another olympian in your family!!!

The Brewers said...

Malia would like Maren to teach her some of those fun tricks!

Troy and Amber said...

Beautiful girl and very talented boy!

Stephen, Erica, Kalli, Ziek, Sky, Luke, Eliza said...

We love that cute cute maren!! And so cute pirate boy!!

Nicole said...

Just watching some Olympics and thinking of you! Your kids are sure darling! Hope all is well.

Cardalls said...

Your kids are so cute! Like Nicole, we have been thinking of you as we've watched the Olympics, especially during the diving events. We feel so privileged that you shared that exciting time of your life with us.

Laurel Eldredge said...

Beautiful family! Kristin tagged me..."someone else tagged me and told me to tag 5 people and I chose people I felt out of touch with that I wish I knew more about - YOU...so you get to List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 surprising facts and then tag 5 other people. Leave a comment for the people you tag so they know they have been tagged."