Wednesday, October 29, 2008

September happenings

Since I last posted. . .I quit potty training after 3 weeks & took a much needed 1 month break. (I knew that I was dreading it for good reason!!) The first 2 weeks Ryan did amazing!! When the novelty wore off it turned into an ugly battle of wills. When I could no longer live with the stubbornness in our house I returned Ryan to diapers. His response, "I love my diapers, Mom." So, needless to say I was not especially looking forward to starting up the training again. But we built it up again. . .this time we made a paper chain count down to his birthday and told him he was going to be a Big Boy on his birthday, and there would be no more diapers. . .For the on-going saga see the next post (when I get to it).


Meanwhile here are some pictures and videos of what we've been up to recently:


Maren can help herself to the toys (pull herself up to standing)




Ryan asserting his independence: "Mom, I will do it. Big boys do this."





Fishing
(Ryan practicing his Pirate smile--for Halloween)




Ryan actually sharing toys with Maren, not ripping them out of her little hands.




Ryan entertains Maren


Ryan & Jenna wrestling, Maren wants a piece of the action too.

3 comments:

michael said...

Very cute pictures. Once you finally get Ryan potty trained you can start working on Jeff. Maren is too cute.

Stephen, Erica, Kalli, Ziek, Sky, Luke, Eliza said...

Hey cute cousins!! We all LOVE the videos! That little baby is soooo adorable!

Unknown said...

Hi Rachelle & fam -

I got your Christmas "card" - thanks for keeping in touch! Ryan is so cute - when you guys moved he was just a little guy! And little Maren is so cute & pretty like her mom :-). I hope you guys are enjoying your time in Washington - it looks like you are. We're in SLC still living in the same place - Randy started his residency last July. Our blog is faithlovefamily.blogspot.com. Merry Christmas!