After being home from Spokane one day, we picked up and headed to Salt Lake City, UT. The main reason for our visit was to celebrate my dear friend Rachel Degener, now Rachel Hales
wedding! I first met Rachel when my eyes were opened to the "real world of diving." We dove together while in high school, at the University of Utah kids club team, Salt Lake Aquatic Program (SLAP Diving). And then at BYU, until she left me for dead (thanks a lot), to transfer to the University of Minnesota. Where she became a rock star platform diver! We've had so many good times together! There is hardly a dull moment when Rachel is around. As was evident at her reception when she made all her single family members and friends swallow a gold fish?? I didn't get it, but that's okay. I'm just glad I didn't have to do it! She also made her parents and new in-laws cut the wedding cake feed it to each other along with her & Brad. It was a great celebration and I look forward to getting to know Brad better! Congratulations you two!
While in Utah Ryan enjoyed time with the cousins, jumping on the trampoline, playing with his dog cousins (Bella, Lola, & Scout).


The highlights for me:
Visiting with my brother Mike, who I haven't seen in about 2 years. Our schedules just haven't crossed paths in much too long! Mike is about the sweetest, kindest, loving brother you can find. My sisters and I just adore him. We love you Mike. It was so good to see you!!
We also visited with our Great Aunt Phyllis, whom we refer to as the Matriarch of our family. At 93 she is still as quick as ever and witty. Maren couldn't keep her eyes off of her! It must have been the white hair?

I got to go maternity clothes shopping with my cute little sister! We got a handful of good tops at a great price at Kohls, and probably the cutest materity dress ever at Mimi's Maternity. I can't wait for her belly to start poking out more.
Thanks everyone for such a fun time!
2 comments:
Yeah! I love it when you visit! I think, and I know I always say this, but I have Colb convinced that we will be coming to visit in October or Early November!
What a fun trip! We always have a blast going back to SLC too. Your little ones are just so beautiful! Glad you had a great time! I remember maternity shopping with my sister too - what a special thing that is!
Post a Comment